It is difficult for business owners to afford advertising expenses for their products and services. Google has provided a solution to this problem by offering Google AdWords. AdWords is an inexpensive way to advertise your product. However, it is recommended to do some careful planning before entering into the interface. Otherwise, you can lose thousands of dollars.
What is Google AdWords
AdWords are keyword-based ads that you can see on the right-hand side of the Google page under sponsored links. Customers who search with keywords related to your product will see your product ad with the results of their search. You want to see your product’s ad high up in the ranking of the sponsored list. So, you have to spend on your campaign. The more you spend, and the more relevant your product, the higher it will rank. Google AdWords is a pay-per-click service. You have to pay Google when someone clicks on your ad.
These ads appear at the top of the page. They look like an organic search except for the discreet “Ad” written next to the site address. Google AdWords allow the owners of different products and services to reach the customers of any country with less contact.
Principles of AdWords
Pick keywords that someone is likely to search for in the Google search engine. Then, create an ad related to those keywords. Select the ad language and the geographical location you want to target with your ad. It is possible that you’re not the only one who is using the same keyword. You have to bid more than the rivals to get your advertisement on the top of the page. The more PPC (pay per click) you get, the more your ad will appear in search.
Create specific landing pages directly related to your ad. This step will maximize the chances for you to convert visitors into customers.
Google checks how relevant and suitable your advertisement is to the visitor and the keyword they used. Google also looks at (CTR) click-through rate of your ad. CTR is how many clicks you received previously and the relevance of your landing page. If your bid is less than your competitor’s, your ad still may have a chance to appear. If the quality score is superior, your ad could win the spot.
How Bidding Works
The price you are willing to pay for each click on your ad is known as (CPC) cost-per-click. You can pick a minimum or maximum bid amount. If you choose the automatic option, the AdWords interface selects the bidding amount within your budget.
There is also another method known as (CPM) cost per impression. In this method, you will pay Google for every 1,000 times your ad appears on the side of the page.
This process decides which advertisement will appear for that particular keyword and what will be the order of the ads. It is essential to know how an auction works:
- When a visitor search with a specific keyword the AdWords system finds all the ads related to that keyword.
- The AdWords system finds and ignores all those ads that are not eligible and targets a different country.
- The AdWords system only shows ads with a high ranking. Rank is a combination of quality, bid, and other formats.
- With highly relevant keywords you can still win the higher position at a lesser price.
- The process of an auction is continuously repeating itself. Every single search visitors made is a new auction. Due to this, the position of your ad fluctuates.
10 Ways to Increase the Sales and Win the Competition
- Selecting the right keyword is the first step towards success in Google AdWords. So make sure to select the relevant keyword for your product.
- Search the keyword of your product regularly on Google. If you see the fluctuation more often, change the keyword.
- Increase the chances of higher rank by organizing and designing the groups of keywords.
- Generate an efficient and attractive advertisement. Show the advantages of your product. Make it enticing.
- Set a unique bid to defeat your rivals.
- From mobile traffic take profit in AdWords.
- To achieve the objectives let Google AdWords set the bid automatically which increases conversion.
- Work on your display a make it attractive as possible to increase the chances of sales.
- Increase the performance of your ad by setting the campaign with manual settings.
- Frequently use RLSA (Remarketing lists for search ads) because it can increase both the conversion rate and conversion volume.
Shortcomings of AdWords
It is ironic to say that AdWords works so well. Research finds that 43% of customers are unaware of Google AdWords. Visitors can easily overlook search results depending on the screen quality or their eyesight.
- Google Shopping.
- Yahoo Bing.
- Search Engine Optimization.
- For e-commerce activities, Google AdWords could be utilized because the use of Google AdWords is beneficial to increase sales.
- Google AdWords is faster than both SEO and Yahoo Bing. This advertising platform uses multiple keywords at one time. The campaign can be on and off whenever the user wants. The ads on the top of the search page get immediate visibility.
- Ipsos (Partners of Google) completed a study across 12 verticals, right from retail to automobiles. The study concluded that the mind awareness increases by an average of 6.8% from search ads.